Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glastonbury 2016

2 posters

:: ENTERTAINMENT :: Music

Go down

Glastonbury 2016 Empty Glastonbury 2016

Post by Life Without Buildings Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:52 am

Traffic chaos, heavy rain, difficulty, happiness!

Glastonbury website

Day one, amazing. But if you're watching on the Beeb it is incredibly tiresome having to continually switch chanel's with half an hour here and half an hour there. I watched everything on offer apart from the Underworld set. The pick for me would be this act, Christine and The Queens, this mystical weird looking lady on a patch of grass doing rather strange movements before bursting into wonderful vocals and singing, at times, in French I thought. Here's the official video for Tilted...

... or try the Glastonbury 2016 version (not the e screened last night though)...

So there was Fatboy Slim among other guests and one person I never expected to see, Watchdog's Matt Allwright, interviewing one quarter of ZZ Top in a caravan! Also, Steve Davis, smoker player turned deejay, though not a sudden thing, apparently he's been doing radio work for a decade already.

Of course the week got off to a traditionally wet beginning...

...and there were plenty of wellies on show in the meantime yesterday but hopefully less willies as organisers improve toilet facilities and take this new approach to the call of nature...

...and talking of toilets, well... talking toilets!

Back to Christine and The Queens, if you need to find out more about her, here's the website...

Christine and the Queens
Life Without Buildings
Life Without Buildings

Back to top Go down

Glastonbury 2016 Empty Re: Glastonbury 2016

Post by Life Without Buildings Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:13 am

The Lumineers

So I've never heard them before and was impressed from the start as they opened with this...

Definitely worth buying an album which I will do. Later in the set the lead singer samples Subterranean Homesick Blues and goes deep into the crowd, still singing, something Foals repeated in their set. Or maybe they did it first - what we see in the evening are highlights from the day.

I love this one of music, I'm thinking that they remind me a lot of The Waterboys too. Here's Ophelia although I should add that I liked pretty much everything they did and so could have posted anything from the set.

Foals

I mean, in the end I was sat on the edge of the seat, blown away by this performance. And how they've grown up. First two albums didn't grab me and so I wanted to give them another go. Such a professional performance too, Foals have blossomed now into a headline act, the only thing that interrupted the set was when the stage sound was lost for a couple of minutes, anyway here are a few songs that they played...

Better still if you want to judge for yourselves, take a look at their set from last year's Reading Festival..

The lowlight for me were Muse and as I have previously tried to understand what they're all about, I'm even more bewildered now having endured the first three numbers.

I reckon Muse have to be the most overrated band, almost Ant and Dec doppelgangers warbling in high pitched voices and what should we say they do, some kind of cod prog rock? Army of adoring fans, sure, fair play but I just don't feel anything at all and far from boring, I find them unwatchable and won't ever be doing so again. Really tempted to say, utter wank. There, I've said it.
Life Without Buildings
Life Without Buildings

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabezon Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:44 am

Glastonbury 2016 4mLYhHD

Adele hits out at ex during Glastonbury headline set: 'You live with your mother'

I saw the first few minutes only but was too tired to stay with it.

Adele used her Glastonbury Festival headline set to hit out at an ex-boyfriend. The Tottenham singer is currently closing out the second day of the festival on the Pyramid Stage. It is the first time she has topped the bill at the festival. During the set, Adele said to the crowd: "Do any of you have anyone in your life that you wish weren’t in it?"

When few responded, she went on: "That’s fucking impossible there’s so few of you, how about you lot at the back? There must be more of you. I’ve had a lot of them, hence all my albums."

Adele continued to speak about a guy who tried to win her back despite the fact that she "might as well be married and had a baby".

"You live with your mother," she added, laughing.

She then dedicated 'Send My Love (To Your New Lover)' to the individual.

During the early stages of the performance, Adele exclaimed and told the crowd: "This is the best moment of my life". She also asked for the lights to shine on the audience so she could see the massive turnout.

But what I did see that I liked in the highlights were Last Shadow Puppets and in particular The 1975 - this is also via the NME...

No one at Glastonbury has kicked up as much of a fuss about the EU Referendum result than Matty Healy does tonight. There have been a few comments here and there, but most people seem to be worried about bringing the vibe down too much, or getting ‘too political’. Not Healy. The frontman gives an impassioned speech about the injustice of Brexit on young people, the vast majority of whom have voted to remain in the EU, and the response in the crowd is palpably in line with Healy.

Introducing ‘Loving Someone’, the star said, “This song is about compassion, and loving people, and I feel like as a young person I’ve got a responsibility to say something. What do I know – I don’t fucking know anything, I’m a popstar in a suit – but what I feel, and I know what a lot of people my age feel is that there’s this sentiment of anti-compassion that’s spread across an older generation and voted in a future that we don’t fucking want.

“And like I said, I know – I’m a popstar, what do I know – but it is appropriate for me to say that because I’m here, because we’re at Glastonbury, and Glastonbury stands for fucking everything that our generation fucking wants. Compassion, social responsibility, unity, community, everything like that. Fucking loving people. And I think that when you stand on a stage like this, in front of so many obviously beautiful, intelligent people, it’s difficult to say nothing. I love you, Glastonbury, thank you so much for coming to our set.”

Cabezon
Cabezon
Admin

https://talkback.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down